Vaaka Partners to support growth of Solita Oy

Vaaka Partners to support growth of Solita Oy

The digital business consultant Solita Oy has been acquired by Vaaka Partners and the Solita´s management team. This move strengthens the company’s strategy and goal to become a leading business digitalization expert in Finland.

We are living in the middle of a transformation where homes, businesses and the society as a whole become largely digital. There is a strong market demand for expertize to help companies and organizations build new business and services in the digital world. Solita’s mission is to fulfill this demand.

”We have researched the Finnish IT-services market over the years and we see attractive opportunities in certain subsectors. Solita is an extraordinary company with strong historical performance, solid strategy and a vision we can believe in”, says Mr. Panu Vuorela, partner at Vaaka Partners.

Solita has historically been able to predict and benefit from major transformations in the Finnish society and IT-sector. In the last 16 years, the company has developed from a small Nokia subcontractor to being one of the leading experts in digital business, enterprise information management and online services in Finland. One of the key strengths behind this success is Solita’s open and interactive corporate culture, which is evidenced by the company’s 7th position in the 2013 Great Place to Work ranking in Finland.

”This is probably the single most significant change in Solita’s history. The new ownership structure enables us to further speed up the implementation of our growth strategy. Our target is to double the company’s EUR 27 million revenues in the next few years. We want to meet our customers’ needs and solve their challenges by expanding our offering and recruiting new top talents”, explains Mr. Jari Niska, the managing director of Solita.

The company was formerly owned by a group of private individuals lead by Mr. Heikki Halme, the founder of the company.  Today, Vaaka Partners owns 75% of the company and the management team has the remaining 25%. The parties have agreed not to publish the terms of the transaction.  Mr. Jari Niska, who has led the company since 2008, continues as the managing director of the company.

 

For further information, please contact:

Vaaka Partners Oy, Mr. Panu Vuorela, panu.vuorela@vaakapartners.fi, tel. +358 40 5100 952

Solita Oy, Mr. Jari Niska, jari.niska@solita.fi, tel. +358 40 524 6400

 

Solita Oy

Solita is a digital business consulting and services company. We develop new business and digital services for our corporate and public sector customers. We combine business processes, content and technology in a revolutionary manner for our customers’ benefit. We want to be the digital travel guides for our customers. We create solutions for digital business and enterprise information management. Finnish consumers meet us daily e.g. through online retail services or public sector online services. We believe that everything that can be digital, also will become digital.

We are a growth company founded in 1996. Our revenue was EUR 27 million in 2012 and we employ over 220 digital business professionals. We are proud of our open and interactive corporate culture, which is evidenced by our 7th position in 2013 Great Place To Work ranking in Finland. www.solita.fi